Pages

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Happy July!

It is that time of year to turn our hearts, even more so, to our amazing country and our celebratory birthday!  I just wanted to show my decor for my home during this holiday.


I love my stars and stripes curtains.  For the window over my sink I just have the stars curtains.  It makes the entire room very festive!


My shelf is a work in progress to this day.  I am never quite satisfied with what I have.  The baskets on the right side are heart-shaped and have red and blue weaving on them, but I am still looking to replace them.  I just have not found that "perfect" something that I want.  I would like you all to notice the beautiful white star tray that I received from my very dear and good friend, Carolee, or Klee to those of you who visit the Make-the-Cut Forum.  She cut all the design out of vinyl.  Isn't it just adorable?!  Thank you again Carolee!  It's perfect for my shelf!  I was going to put it on my hutch with my other star plates, but it was too large.  I like it better here anyway!  :)  The pictures under the shelf are ones that I made.  For the one on the left I used red ribbon on white cardstock to make the stripes.  Printed on the white stripes is the 13th Article of Faith from The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I used a small patch of blue starred cloth for the corner and put a red cloth heart in the center of that.    Blue mat, frame and voila!  The one on the right is a cross-stitch that I did with the first verse of the Star Spangled Banner.


Also I would like to call attention to this darling star-shaped candy dish.  Carolee also gifted this to me with the cute star spangled mints!  The dish was much fuller when I received it but my son has been enjoying the mints!  LOL!


Lastly, my hutch.  There is just something about the great colors of red, white and blue that just brings me such joy!  My heart swells within me when I think of our wonderful country and of ALL the sacrifice that has gone in to making it so great. I have four brothers that have served in the military over the years, three of which went to Viet Nam.   I sincerely hope that our country can continue to be great and not get run into the ground!  Happy July 4th everyone!

For those of us here in Utah, Happy 24th also!  It is a state holiday here so I get to continue to use my decor all month long!

Thank you so much for stopping by and taking a look at what I have to offer today.  I hope your entire week is a wonderful one!

2 comments:

  1. Love your curtains Shirley! All your decorations look great. Love it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! I just love the patriotic holidays...especially the fireworks! :)

      Delete