Pages

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Wedding Card and Tile

My friend is getting married Saturday and I made this card and tile for her and her new husband.


For the card, I cut a back panel and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink "black soot".  I then glued that to the card base.  Then I used the basic shapes in MTC and made a lot of circles of different sizes.  I cut them with my Black Cat Lynx cutter.  Next I embossed each circle with a different embossing folder.  I glued the circles in place at random, putting them where I thought they might look good!  For the center circle I printed the words, inked the edge with Memento "Lilac Posies" ink, glued on a rhinestone for the "ring" and drew little small lines with a marker.  Inside a put a personal verse for the couple.


For this tile I used Oracal 631 vinyl.  I designed the saying in MTC, cut with my Black Cat Lynx, and put the vinyl on the tile.  I really like doing vinyl work.  It is so easy!

I hope you like my little projects for today.  I am so glad that you took some time to stop by my blog and have a peek.  Have a wonderful week!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as usual, Shirley!!

    I have just nominated you for the versatile blogger award. Just a simple recognition of how much I enjoy visiting your blog. http://mindovermattercreations.blogspot.com/2012/07/the-versatile-blogger-award.html

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Lisa, you are such a dear! I am not sure what being nominated for these awards means, but thank you so much for all of your kind comments! When I get a comment, it always makes me want to try to do something better. Thank you so much!

      Delete