Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

52 Reasons...








OK.  I am pretty sure that my husband will not be looking at this entry.  As soon as he gets home from work today we are going out to dinner with some friends and then he works tomorrow.  He better not be looking at this at work!  Anyway...I made this "52 Reasons Why I Love You" for his Valentine's gift.  I had no trouble coming up with 52 reasons...and then some...to put on the cards.

I used a deck of playing cards that has a fishing theme on the back because he loves to fish. I cut out paper to cover the front and back cards so it would truly look like a little book.   I then cut rectangular pieces of Prima Marketing, Inc. scrapbook paper, The Second Wind Collection (3 different colors),  to cover up the centers of the cards.  I didn't want the face cards showing.  Then I used one of Penny Duncan's Shaplies to make the center rectangle on white cardstock.  I used print and cut to insert the reasons on each shaplie using the Lettering Delights font "Pretty", and then cut them out with my Black Cat Lynx.  I inked the edges of the white shaplies with a Tsukineko Memento Dew Drop inks, Rich Cocoa color.  I then used my tape gun and adhered all the pieces together.  I used my Cinch and punched the holes and then inserted the two rings and presto!  My little love book for him!  I didn't want it to be too fancy or too embellished.  That would never do for him!  It is just simple so he can focus more on the reasons instead of what it all looks like.

It was a very easy project to do, but does take a bit of time.  It took much longer than I had anticipated, but I believe it was well worth the effort!  Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope everyone has a wonderful Valentine's Day!

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea for a man. Perfect, not frilly or fancy. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle! It was a lot of fun to do!

      Delete
  2. where did you get the template?

    ReplyDelete