Pages

Saturday, February 4, 2012

My Valentine's Memory



My Valentine's Day decorations have always been very close to my heart (no pun intended!).  When our oldest son was only three and my husband and I were still both working, we didn't have a lot of money.  However, I really wanted to do something for our decorations since my son was old enough to know what holidays were (he was extremely brilliant!).  I couldn't go shopping for any decorations, but I did have fabric and batting!  I searched through every piece of fabric I had and pulled out the ones that had red or pink on them.  I made several stuffed pillows and just put them on my shelf.  It was perfect at that time.  After a few years I was able to purchase the black with red hearts fabric and made the other heart pillows and matching curtains.  I never want to replace these as they remind me of the very sweet times we had in our early marriage.  The other decorations on the hutch are different little things that my boys and husband have given me over the years for Valentine's Day.  Some are so sweet and I can still recall when they made them or gave them to me.  They are not elaborate or fancy, but they are truly from the "heart".

No comments:

Post a Comment