Pages

Thursday, September 13, 2012

There is Music on my Wall.....

Back in May Tami from http://thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com posted a tutorial on a music wreath that she made.  I fell in extreme like!  I decided I just had to make one of those.  It has taken me until now to do so!  Her tutorial can be found here:  http://thisandthatfromtami.blogspot.com/2012/05/page-wreath-tutorial.html
I decided that I wanted one that was much larger to fit above my piano.  Instead of using hymn book-sized sheets of music, I used ones that were almost 9 x 12.  For the back layer I tore them in half lengthwise, then rolled them.  Try as I might, I COULD NOT get my ends to look like Tami's, so I just went with what they turned out like.  I think it looks just fine.  For the shorter layer, I used one quarter size of my 9 x 12 page.  My mirror is a 9-inch mirror.  I liked her black scallop behind the mirror so made one of my own with MTC and cut it out on my Black Cat Lynx.  The total width of my wreath is a whopping 29 inches!  Now I just have to figure out how to hang it.  I need some way to do it that will have enough strength to hold it.  I can't exactly use nails to put hangers on the back!  :)






Isn't it amazing how you can follow directions to the letter that someone else has posted and have a completely different result?  I still like Tami's resulting ends from rolling better than mine, but I do love how mine turned out.  Thank you so much Tami for the tutorial and the inspiration!  And thank you to all of you for stopping by to have a peek!  Have a wonderful weekend!

Edited:  I FINALLY got this hung up above my piano!  I love it!  My husband loves it!  My son loves it!  We ALL love it!  I am just so tickled with how it looks!

No comments:

Post a Comment