Pages

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Masculine Birthday Cards


I have two males birthdays this week, my son and my husband.  You would think with having 5 boys and a girl, the male card ideas would just roll out of my brain.  Not!  It is hard for me to come up with something that isn't all feminine.  So here are my two attempts.  The first one was actually quite easy.  It looks like I cut the rectangles, but that is actually the paper!  Except the white Happy Birthday rectangle.  All I did was stamp the tree, stamp Happy birthday, ink the edges of the Happy Birthday rectangle, and attach that with pop dots so it stood out a bit more.  I stamped a sentiment on the inside and...That's it!  Not bad if you ask me!

This next one took me forever to try to come up with an idea!  I changed my mind so many times with what I would do, the colors of papers, etc.  I FINALLY just decided to use some burlap I had, some darker patterned papers, and just do some layering.  So I did the card base, burlap (I frayed the edges), dark cardstock which I embossed with the Swiss dot Sizzix embossing folder, more cardstock that looks like a dictionary page, darker cardstock that I used pinking shears on the edges of, and finally the Happy Birthday square.  I inked the edge of the card base so it didn't look quite so plain.  That's it.  Of course, when you make the card it all looks great.  However, after the pictures are taken, you can clearly see where some of your layers aren't quite even.  Oh well.  I guess it's a good thing they both go to family!   As always, your comments are more than appreciated if you would like to leave one!  Have a great day and thank you so much for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment