Pages

Friday, May 18, 2012

WOW!!!


Since I have gotten my energy efficient washing machine and have had to use the HE laundry detergent, I have not had very much success with keeping the pit stains out of the mens' t-shirts.  So I thought I would make my own laundry soap.  I did that about two months ago and the clothes are clean, but still the armpit stains.

I was checking out Pinterest a few days ago and found a post about getting rid of these awful stains once and for all.  I decided to give it a try.  I mixed 1/2 teaspoon Dawn dish washing liquid, 1 teaspoon hydrogen peroxide and 1 teaspoon baking soda.  That was enough to do one sleeve of the shirt.  It made a paste and I used a scrub brush to work it all into the stain and then just scrubbed for a couple of minutes.  I repeated this procedure for the other under arm area of the shirt.  I let that sit for about an hour and threw them into the washing machine and look what happened!!!!


No kidding!  This is the same shirt!  I did the same procedure with about 12 different shirts, some undershirts, some button-down shirts, some polo shirts.  It worked the same on all of them!  I am so tickled! Now if I could just figure out how to make my son's white 100% polyester basketball shorts white again.  They are a dingy gray and NOTHING I have tried works on them!  Any suggestions?  

Thanks for stopping by and having a look to see what I have been doing!  Go ahead and try this because it really worked for me!  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the great tip, Shirley! I will pass it on to DH, as he does his own laundry! I don't sweat, but I might have some "glow" stains. Guess I'll have to check, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome Elizabeth! I hope somebody else can use this info also and save their shirts! It sure beats tossing them out and having to get new all the time!

      Delete