Pages

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Banana-licious!

I am not a fan of most banana breads.  I like bananas a lot, but not most things banana-flavored.  However, my husband got this recipe from a co-worker and I have to admit, it is REALLY good!  So here is my now favorite recipe for banana bread.

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon  baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups mashed bananas
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup macadamia nuts, pecans or walnuts (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl, mix butter and sugar until creamy.

It ends up looking like this.

In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt.

Blend the dry ingredients with creamed butter/sugar mixture,

which should look like this.

Add mashed bananas, eggs and nuts (optional).  My family doesn't care to have nuts in anything, so I left them out of this recipe.

Grease and flour a loaf pan.  Pour batter into pan.  Bake for 1 hour or until a knife comes out clean.  Mine bread was not done after one hour so I reduced the heat to 325 degrees and left it in the oven for 10 more minutes and it was completely done.  I was afraid if I left it at 350 degrees it would burn the outside.

Let cool on a cooling rack and enjoy moist, delicious banana bread!  Doesn't it just look scrumptious!?   Add a little butter to a hot slice and you just might think you are in heaven!  Thanks for stopping by to take a look!



1 comment: