Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Halloween!

 I can't believe it as already mid-October and I am just now getting my Halloween decorations post done!  Wow!  Time is going SOOOO quickly!
 This is my ever-changing hutch in my kitchen.  I have gotten rid of SO MANY decorations already, but just have to keep a few of them to make my hutch look nice!

 It is always fun to decorate my long shelf in my kitchen also.  This has changed considerably over the years and now is not too detailed at all.  I am leaning more to a simpler approach to things!  The two wreaths under the shelf are permanent keepsakes for me.  On the left is the one made by my husband's mother.  She was a very talented woman in many different areas of arts and crafts.  She passed away 16 years ago so we will have this remembrance of her love for Halloween always.  On the right is the one made by my four oldest children when they were just little and their Grandma helped them make this one evening when they were staying with her.  Both precious keepsakes!



 For years and years, when the children were little, I always found cute wooden decorations that we could paint as a family.  We would spend the first Monday of October each year painting our masterpieces.  I have many, many that have been made, but only room for a few.  To this day, even though all the kids are grown, they love to come and see some of their earlier artwork on my cupboards!

 As I have mentioned before, I also change my curtains in my kitchen for all the different holidays and seasons.  I really like my Halloween curtains.  You can't see it well in the photo, but there are shiny lightning bolts that zigzag throughout the fabric.  I love them!

Here is the fireplace in my living room.  Nothing fancy, but it keeps Halloween present throughout the main rooms.  We love the ghost!  We use that to hold the treats for our trick-or-treaters!  They all like it also!

So, as I have mentioned, I have downsized my decorations considerably, but still keep the spirit in our home with what I have left!  I hope you all have a wonderful week and a terrific Halloween season!  Happy Haunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment