Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Our Pumpkins!


Here are the two lonely pumpkins done at our house!  Mine is the ghost peeking out the door on the left, and Logan's is the flame on the right.  I think he did a pretty good job, don't you?  Mine looks much better at night when the light is on behind it.

We all went to Day Farms in Syracuse last Saturday and took a hay ride out to the pumpkin patch to pick our own pumpkins.  The entire family went, except for our dear Ryan, Shae and family in Iowa.  We sure miss them when we have our family get-togethers!  Everyone had a wonderful time choosing their own pumpkin!  Of course, Jackie had to find the "perfect" pumpkin and then "hailed", aka:  "yelled" at her dad from the north forty to go help them get her pumpkin!  It was such great fun and the weather was gorgeous!  We all returned to our home and only two commenced to carve their pumpkins!  Everyone else wanted to take them home and do them a bit later so they wouldn't mold and shrivel.  We had a family potluck which was delicious and just had a wonderful time!  I do love it when my family is all gathered round!

Today is my first anniversary of my blog and, although I started this blog to keep track of the things I made, etc., I am just curious whether anyone actually READS my blog posts or not.  So, for a little fun I am giving a little gift to the first person who leaves a comment on this post and tells me what I am celebrating today!  Be sure to leave your email address so I can get your address to mail you your surprise!  Thanks so much for stopping by and have a wonderfully nightmarish Halloween season!

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha Aaron! You didn't leave your email address so I can contact you to send your gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shirley,

    I read your blog, and enjoy every post! No gift necessary, just wanted to let you know your efforts are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Elizabeth! If you could send me your address, I will send you a little surprise. Aaron doesn't count as he is my son! Besides, he doesn't craft so I wouldn't have a clue what to give him...other than socks! :)

    ReplyDelete