Pages

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

New Cake Plate and Goodies!



I had heard so much about my friends making their own cake plates by taking candle holders and any kind of plate you like and siliconing them together.  I decided I wanted to try it.  I searched for a lot of months to find one I liked.  I found the candle holder one month and a few months later found the plate and I think they look terrific together.  I found them both at our local Deseret Industries Thrift Store and the entire piece cost me $2!  I love making my own things!  I decided that I needed to make something to show it off better so I found a recipe for Lemon Squares and thought I would give them a try.  I have to say that I am less than impressed with the lemon square recipe so I am not going to share it.  When I find one that I really like, I will be sure to post the recipe for everyone to enjoy!  The Lemon Squares do look nice on the plate, however.  Presentation is everything...isn't that what "they" say?  Whoever they are!  Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!  Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. So cute! I have seen a lot of people do this, but I have never taken the time to try it. It is beautiful!!! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute! It sure looks like it costs more than $2!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Keri and Laura! Isn't it great when you find something mediocre and make it great?! Thanks for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete